Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Garden Roses & Tea



                                                                   Hello everyone,

                                       It is a beautiful sunny day here today so I
                                      took advantage of it and had tea on the porch.

Still hanging onto summer here.I

                                                      Love these English roses!



                                                          The Mary roses is blooming again.

Teacups & roses.

                                                          Now ,in case you are ready
                                                         for fall I did an autumn tea
                                                          for you.



                                            I am off to get ready for lunch with
                                                     a couple of good friends. We are
                                                    enjoying these last days for the summer
                                                    restaurants.
                                                        So,are you in summer mode still
                                                        or have you movedi nto autumn?

                                                        I am joining Rose Chintz Cottage
                                                        for Tea Time Tuesday and
                                                        Bernideen's Tea Time blog
                                                        for Tea with Friends.
                                                           
                                                            Thanks for coming for tea!

                                                                       Carolyn

17 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The yellow roses are so sunny! It's wonderful that summer is hanging on for you. I'm sure your garden is still quite beautiful to visit. I can't think of a better way to enjoy the last warm days than lunch out with friends!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, I'm still in summer mode, Carolyn. I really don't like to see summer coming to an end. Your English roses are gorgeous. I think they may be my favourites. Pretty teacups too. I have a couple in blue like your pink one with the roses. Hope you had a lovely lunch.

Blessings,
Sandi

sarah said...

Beautiful photographs ... and your new header is lovely too. I am in Spring mode here as I'm in the Southern Hemisphere and we're heading into the season of roses and cicadas and long, long days.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Lovely roses and gorgeous tea china! Love your new header, it's just beautiful.
Hugs,
FABBY

angie said...

wow, was für wunderschöne bilder, die rosen und ihre dekoration sind zauberhaft!!! liebe grüße von angie aus deutschland

Jill said...

Still hanging onto summer. Love your chintz cup!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Your roses are magnificent! Love your teacups as well. Your posts and photos are always a joy! I'd love it if you would link to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

MomWaldsPlace said...

You are right, Old English style roses are the absolute best. I am especially partial to the Mary Rose. Mine is the last to bloom in the autumn. And, I'm Mary, ta da!

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn,
I always love seeing your lovely afternoon teas. :)
Thank you for sharing.
~Liz

Bernideen said...

Carolyn:
I love your beautiful cups and saucers and always appreciate your lovely photos and bouquets. I am really enjoying your lovely Afternoon Tea book.

Ioana said...

What a beautiful mood you've created with those soft yellow tones!
Is it Golden Celebration?
I also love the last tea cup, it has such a lovely pattern.
I'm somehow in summer mood, although it's my son's first year at school and school equals autumn.

Beth in NEPA said...

I enjoyed seeing your beautiful roses and china. I am pretty much in the fall mode. The fall colors are arriving and my garden is doing a final show with mums and rudbeckia.
I like that blue floral teacup you showed.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Stunning images, Carolyn. I do love the autumn vignette, although I hate to see summer come to an end. ~ Nancy

Madelief said...

Your roses still look beautiful Carolyn! Still hanging on to summer in The Netherlands as well!

Madelief x

Susan said...

Hello Carolyn...Slowly and reluctantly, I have released summer and am welcoming fall, inch by lovely inch. Susan p.s. LOVE the yellow roses! So pretty.

Marrianna said...

Lovely photos, as always. I've been a follower for a short time and I have a question for you. Is Aiken House some kind of public space where weddings and tours are held? Just curious.

Marrianna

Carolyn said...

Hi Marrianna,
Our home and garden are our own private space but I do have a little business doing tours through a local tour company to pay for my gardening addiction but we don't do weddings.

Thank you for your visit.
Carolyn